Welcome To My Blog

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Equal Justice Under Law.............REALLY?

Today I am going to be talking about the statement in the title of course. "Equal Justice Under Law". For years we, as Americans, have thought that we all had equal protection under the law while knowing in our hearts that this was a false reality.
We watched the O.J. trials and the Michael Jackson trials and were held in awe at the results.
So why is that? Well this doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that there are those that HAVE and those that HAVE NOT. Those that HAVE are able to hire attorney's.....not just run of the mill legal counsel, but high priced and very well versed seasoned attorney's.
I recall watching as my ex-mother in law went into court for a DUI and seeing the prosecuting attorney and her public pretender, I mean public defender, out in the hall making a "deal". When they returned to the court room a deal had been reached and she was pled guilty and sentenced within minutes......at no time prior was she ever consulted.
So many have asked when I have told this story, "why didn't she fire him?" Or "why didn't she stand and demand that the plea be entered for not guilty?"
She was not guilty by the way.........the simple fact is the same reason so many other good people have been convicted for offenses that they didn't commit. She didn't KNOW what her rights were and she could not AFFORD to consult with a reputable and ethical attorney.
Sound familiar? Yes, I thought so too! What it really comes down to is justice for some. Many good people are taken into court and convicted simply due to ignorance of the law. That is not a valid defense according to the US Supreme Court.
So what is the solution? Ok. Here is the plug for my business and you will be as impressed as I was and see why I will NEVER BE WITHOUT MY MEMBERSHIP!
I became involved with this company 15 years ago for the first time and although I got into the business and then jumped out, I have maintained membership and always will.
You will see some highlit words in this blog. A few of them will take you to different areas that we cover and I hope that you will educate yourself and place yourself in a position to make the law affordable for you and your family so you will not have to worry about thius situation happening to you.
This is a 37 year old company and is publicly traded on the NYSE under the heading PPD. We are an open book. If you have any questions, comments or would like to find out how to become involved as an Independent Associate with me please leave your comments or contact me at the email listed and we can walk through it. I do not sign you up and then not train you either. All training is provided by me and my team.
Thank you for following my blog and I will continue to bring you information that will help you. I cannot promise it will always be about this topic or that topic but I will try to keep it updated and interesting for my varied audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment