Welcome To My Blog

Friday, January 22, 2010

I recently placed a comment in my Facebook status and this is what I am going to be discussing in this post. When I was young I had the advantage of getting to observe my grandfathers (Jeffery and Rowlette), as well as my father. I observed everything they did. The way they related to their family and more specifically their wives. I also observed their work ethic......and of course that is the context of my blog here today.
I have noticed through the years that we have FAILED to teach our children the value of a fairs days work for a fair days pay. At some point the majority of our children learned that the world owes them a living.
Now, let me back up here a second and explain how that happens. I observed my parents and grandparents and that is where I learned my beliefs on the majority of life. The rest I learned from life experience. So where did our children learn this attitude of "I am owed something?"
FROM US!
How then, do we reverse this thinking. There are many ways, however, the first needs to be adjusting the way we think and act ourselves. The other is trying to re-teach and when and if that fails we must back off and let life be the teacher....and life has a way of being very "to the point" when it comes to success and failure. Good luck to you all and I wish the best of success to everyone in every facet of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment